Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Beginning

So then... because someone else's blog meant something to me. Because I'm motivated to think so ridiculously hard and it's a shame that it will... probably all be for... not much.

Didn't for years for many reasons....
1. Over 1 million blogs exist? That's sort of ridiculous... Not that anyone shouldn't be heard... But still sort of ridiculous. But then they're mostly just baby pictures... And it took me 6 years to find a single one that was interesting. And I often search all kinds of topics/phrases and am appalled that nothing turns up. So many people... how could this be?

2. The Imaginary Eyes. Milan Kundera mentioned the concept (amazed me I hadn't really thought of it before) that everyone imagines someone watching them. He mentioned:
A. The anonymous multitudes. (Actors, etc.)
B. A close circle of friends, etc.
C. A loved one.
D. Something totally imaginary.

He didn't mention "god/s". Considering how people talk surely some are actually imagining "god" or whoever watching them. But the way even the majority of devout christians act I think they must not always be imagining him/her watching.

Personally, what I imagine is also not consistent. It's this and that. It's just about always somewhat imaginary as virtually no one is as we imagine them as.

With a blog I just might create some imaginary eyes I could do without. In fact... it's probable. We shall see.

3. I have a tendency to go on like Eeyore. Eventually I get disgusted with myself and also create very ugly imaginary eyes watching me do so. I know this for certain because I've already done so with my music that I have online.

4. Blogs seem like so much self important crap littering the internet....


All the same here we are.

So anyway, I'm motivated to think too hard. I think too far into the future. Because I'm somewhat zombified/unable to have a good time in the short term it seems. It's unfortunate but it seems that the most "moral"/altruistic are this way basically, which shoots a bit of a hole into being highly moral. But only to the extent that it gets me off my high horse somewhat.

No comments: