Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lately I've been having this new feeling of amazement. Usually it only really lasts for a few seconds. But the echoes of its memory go on for quite a while. It is about this feeling of what happiness there could be in this world. Of what happiness potentially there is in me. Of how so very easily things could be so wonderful.

But they're not.

And why? Why oh why?

Because people keep on doing ugly things to one another. Because they keep being indifferent to one another.

And I focus in on specific examples from my own life. Examples of people who've done me so wrong. Who never apologize. Just leave behind forever the ugly memory of what they've done. Never right the wrong and just leave the knife in forever. And for no good reason at all.

And so, I see a beautiful world in my mind. It's so close. And yet will never be. Because these people choose instead to act in such an ugly manner.

..And I just feel this amazement about it.

Why?

Why in the world would they choose to make the world like this?

But, don't get me wrong. It's mostly a positive feeling actually. Because I see that beautiful world. I see what could be.

And I do my part. It maybe isn't worth much. But I continue to do what I can. And try to figure out how to be more efficient in my efforts.