Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why exercise?
1. Keep back healthy. Which just running 5mph does very well.
2. Have enough energy to make it through a 12+ hour workday, running from room to roomo with critically sick patients. The running is helping.
3. Sleep well. Both falling asleep and staying asleep/sleeping deeply. Weight lifting seems to help. Along with blueberry smoothies. I think it must be multiple sets of lifting to have that nice sleepy feeling instead of being wide awake at 5AM. And the reps perhaps not too high, although it's complicated.

As the above three get taken for granted I instead focus on how I look and running faster. Neither of which is sufficient reason to bother exercising.

Anyway thinking I feel better than I ever have in terms of the full package. Mental and physical. I suppose haven't had enough free time for facing reality. Well anyway, I've one single hour with which another music experiment...