Friday, January 29, 2010

Read something that one should 'never criticize anyone in email. Use face to face meetings or phone calls instead.'

Unfortunately it's true. It's not very idealistic to face that it's true. But it usually is true. It's true enough that one will eventually wear out if they don't follow this rule. If I follow this rule though I definitely cannot have any meaningful interaction with anyone that I never do face to face interactions/phone calls with. To attempt to still interact with a person then leaves things in a fake place that I really don't care to be.

I haven't, by the way, followed this rule. But I think I'll go ahead and do so in the future.

Also I hereby refuse to interact online with anyone who won't actually speak to me.

And, I hereby rename all computers: 'sensory deprivation machines.'