Sunday, September 6, 2009

Once every 6 days a set of 3 chinups followed by a single attempt at a one arm chinup. Also same idea with presses with elbows all the way in. Elbows in means less chest development but far more all around development. More traps, shoulders and even triceps. In the past I did this for chinups and got to bodyweight plus 105 pounds for 3 reps (when I weighed 220 pounds). But then for at least 4 workouts in a row I couldn't quite get the 4th repetition. I was getting closer though. And probably I should have been thinking in terms of improving by a milimeter each workout (on average), most certainly not by entire reps.

Interestingly only attempting one arm chinups where I could not even get halfway up for at least the last six weeks did not hurt my ability to perform a full range of motion chinup. Actually during this time I've gotten much stronger at the full range of motion.

For yesterday, my most recent attempt at a one arm chinup, I got halfway up although with the considerable assist of pinching part of the doorframe between the fingertips of my off hand. Which I think I'll do no assist at all now. Also the Coc #3 immediately after.

And a bit of jogging for my back.

And, I dislike how I've lost the spring in my step. So although I don't play basketball anymore, (so so so sick of the fighting and lack of time, etc) adding leaping lenas of old no matter how ridiculous such may appear.