Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A large SUV swerved into my car today knocking my off the road and causing at least 4300 dollars worth of damage. The young guy begged me not to call the police. He gave me his rolex which he says is worth 7000 dollars as collateral (I didn't ask for it, he offered it.) The whole ordeal just brings home again how fucked our society is, such that there's nothing for it but that extreme suspicion and distrust must constantly dictate our behavior. Of course I didn't call the police though and am trusting that he'll show up in the parking lot with 4300 dollars in cash on friday...

Which has my wife bringing up every possible negative scenario she can think of and trying to lecture me on the need to be completely untrusting of everyone.

---

For what it's worth I've written 6 'songs' in the last week and just finished my 100th 'song'. I think 97 is my alltime favorite. Not sure what conclusions I can draw from my fundamental scale experiments yet though.

8/7, 9/7, 10/7, 11/7, 12/7, 13/7, 14/7 can actually work just fine. Not so awfully discordant as I thought it might be. Not at all really. I suppose 8/7ths is still relatively low whole numbers. I already knew I prefer 6/5 instead of 5/4... I think I need to do them all on the same instrument to more safely draw conclusions... But homegrown piano sounds bad enough that I'm not going to use it. Have to buy something... Can't buy anything till I see if this guy shows up with the 4300 dollars CASH, lol. I guess next I'll write something emphasizing thirds in meantone comma on homegrown piano, as for someone unknown reason that one sounds OK, as if there were a very few scales for which he didn't just pitch shift everything from a single note.