Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My past experiment with running a very long distance once a week may have been causing me to slowly run faster, but it seems to have been awful for my joints. Now I'm trying to run almost everyday. Mixing up my speed/intensity from day to day. Almost always on a sturdy treadmill with at least a 5% incline. When I go out on the concrete my right knee isn't liking it. I'm trying to strengthen my legs and work into this gradually. Hopefully my knee will strengthen up.

I need to aim for 45 minutes of aerobic exercise on average. Also need to get into more of a habit of drinking tea, wine, consistently getting adequate vitamin D, consistently getting enough omega 3's. And making more friends. Except for the omega 3's and perhaps the vitamin D, I can immediately notice feeling slightly better when I do these other things.

Otherwise I'm apparently a really healthy person without hardly trying to be.