Saturday, May 16, 2009

Culture may be encoded in DNA
"Innatism is a philosophical doctrine that holds that the mind is born with ideas/knowledge, and that therefore the mind is not a 'blank slate' at birth, as early empiricists such as John Locke claimed. It asserts therefore that not all knowledge is obtained from experience and the senses."

...spending 8 hours in a car with my parents drives home again that am not much of a product of my environment. I'm not a product nor am I blndly rebeling against it. I'm like these birds trying to find their song. But human life is more complex than a song. And earlier generations are trying to force the laters to sing it exactly like they did. Those who still won't are either very strong or like Kafka's Hunger Artist they're simply unable to find any food that they like/unable to stand the cacophony of the song.