Thursday, May 21, 2009

I've grown taller

Just from scientific curiousity it's interesting that I appear to have grown at least an inch sometime in the last 6 months... I had noticed a few littles things which I didn't bother to look into. (I'm 36 and I don't really care how tall I am anyway.) But when I fasted recently I just 'felt' as if I was growing. That strange sensitivity I've mentioned previously. I felt like I was growing when I was a kid and then when I was 14 I felt like I was unfortunately pretty much finished at about 6'4". Here recently I again felt like I was growing and my head seemed to be slightly closer to the top of door frames.

Then this last weekend I went to my cousin's wedding. I hadn't seen him in 6 years (which was slightly awkward). Last I saw him he was 21 years old and definitely a bit taller then me. Now, it really appeared that I was taller than him. Also my sister I hadn't seen in maybe 4 or 5 months commented that I seemed taller then she remembered...

I measured myself last night (with shoes on) and i was 6'4" and 7/8ths of an inch. This morning I got curious about the shoe soles, etc in the past I measured myself while wearing normal tennis shoes, etc. This morning I was 6'5" and 5/8ths of an inch. So I shrink 3/4ths of an inch during the day. (Same as my wife who also measured herself last night and this morning.) And I've definitely grown at least an inch here at the age of 36.

I'm curious what would cause such a thing. Really wonder about the fasting... I had quit doing it because it got in the way of the long runs I was trying to do every 4 days. Now that I'm just doing them every 7 days I shall start fasting once a week again. (Not as an experiment to see if I grow more, primarily just for good health, but shall have to keep track of my height just a bit out of curiousity.)

It's not so very normal to be growing at the age of 36.