Saturday, March 20, 2010

I see the holocaust in how you say hello.
I see the holocaust in how I'm spending this beautiful Saturday.
I see the holocaust in facebook.
I see it at work.
And I see something even worse.
I see a world where we might as well kill each other, because we don't know how to do much really of anything else anyway.
It's horrible but true... I read Night by Elie Weisel and I think that trying to survive in a concentration camp sounds like about as much fun and meaningful an existence as any other. And I have real world experience. I look back fondly on basic training in the military. Being threatened constantly with jail and physical violence. 3 hours of sleep max each night. Pushing my body to its limits daily. People attempting suicide around me.
And I look back fondly. Finally, on something a lot worse than all that. The silent scream. The creation of a malevolent god that I was beating simply by going on.

All of this, I see nothing more worthwhile than it.

I see the holocaust in you and you and you. Over and over again. The way you've treated me. Each and everyone of you. The holocaust makes perfect sense. I look forward to the next one. Because, come on now, let's at least be honest... There is nothing worthwhile in this world. There is nothing that matters. The most impressive thing about humans is their ability to kill one another. Everything else... there isn't anything else really. Just resting periods between massacres.

My kind was finished long ago. I've tried to be an angel amongst these demons and how really was that going to turn out?