Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...my stupid back. My father-in-law was having something similar but then eventually one day he got out of bed and instead of the pain going away it got worse. He's scheduled for back surgery now. If the same happens to me I guess I'll be ruined. My new career will be ruined, etc. I'm not getting any better. I'll get out my old inversion machine today.

Anyway up again early because the pain was too much. This all happened because I was helping someone get to their bedside commode and they surprised me by not using their legs at all. They literally lifted their legs off the ground at the same time that it turns out they had very strong arms. It was like a 180 pound baby monkey wrapped around me, holding on to my neck.

I once deadlifted 465 pounds but, exactly doing that sort of thing originally weakened my back and 180 pound baby monkeys just aren't a good thing these days.

I'm happier then I've been in the past and gee whiz, people like happy people better. The bastards.

No really. They suck for that.

This also partially depends on whether or not they feel inferior/threatened or superior/not threatened by you. Of course best of all if it's neither. Neither is harder though. The reality for example at work is that people talk bad about one another behind their backs. I don't. (Well except for what little I just said in this blog about a coworker being effeminate and not well read, etc. But I think that's OK because it will never have any ramifications upon him.) But there we are with lots of talking bad about people behind their backs (which I actually speak out on whoever's behalf, even though it could cause people in turn to not like me). Add in the unoccasional firing and to really truly get out of thinking of people as potential threats would seem not so easy.

Anyway if you feel superior or at least equal and/or unthreatened then someone being unhappy isn't such a bad thing. You can even respond by feeling the need to be happier then you'd normally be; to try to cheer them up. For some people the very fact that you seem unhappy makes them feel superior no matter your relative intelligence level. Well maybe not exactly. But something that amounts to the same.

Unfortunately if they feel inferior to you at the same time that they see you're unhappy then they'll really dislike you. They will feel that they cannot be happy in your presence. That to do so would mark them as a really stupid person and that as they are inferior to you they really ought to just mirror your mood; at least until they can get away from you, which they'll be doing as soon as possible.

So then those are the people who "suck". I guess.

So then:
An inferior will mirror unhappiness.
A threatened will mirror unhappiness.
An inferior will see happiness as a show of dominance/a threat.
A threatened will see happiness as a threat.

A superior can do whatever they want. If they're nice they can try to cheer you up by being happy when you're sad. In which case it will just backfire if the other person in turn feels threatened by you or feels inferior. It will just look like dominance to them.

If a superior wants to be unhappy, they'll of course do so. And the inferior will want to run far away from your mood dominance.

If you manage to be unthreatened by one another (as rare as that is) then you both can actually just be.

So then how can I make all people never feel threatened by me? What magic trick can I do? Like Lynch's high pitched nasal voice. I can't imagine people feeling very threatened by him. He is rare though.