Monday, August 2, 2010

Thanks to blueberry smoothies can do multiple set high rep weightlifting again without insomnia. Sleep is like a magical thing. Pond and yard mostly finished. Can see the pond liner a bit and the wall is a little crooked. Two very small things that would have been a huge pain in the ass to make perfect. Still not sure if I should have made them perfect. The whole pond and garden thing, I thought first of making sure not to be "gaudy". Now I'm thinking of royalty having their perfect gardens and me being a commoner with pretentions, with my crooked pond wall and liner showing. But well really it's beautiful. 5 gold fish and 2 koi, they come right up to you for food already. Floating water lettuce and hyacinths. Water lilies, parrot's feather and two other water plants of unknown names. The maiden and pampas grass. The wysteria vine growing a few inches every day. The japanese maple, weeping willow, crimson maple and japanese kwanzan. The norfolk pine. Watch it all grow. The miracle of life. The small stone sculpture (too much would be gaudy, redneck/commoner pretending they're the king, lol.) So just one small scuplture and a large stone bench.

Oh and a bit of pakisandra. Hopefully it will flourish and there'll be a lot less grass to deal with eventually.

Done except to figure out where to let the wysteria grow. Maybe plant some blueberry bushes somewhere later. Blueberries are the most important food a human can eat.

Bought a guitar, bought a pulldown machine. And that's it. No more purchases. Still have 16 thousand in the bank and nothing else really to buy. Wrote two songs yesterday. But only because my nephew wanted something to sing along with.

Enjoying escapist fiction. Snuggling cat. Drinking tea. Feel very well physically. Starting each day off with a "comfortable" jog on the thousand dollar treadmill. Wife finally agreed even to let me move it out of the garage and into the very spacious kitchen. And I moved it all by myself. A year ago I didn't feel up to doing it by myself. Moved stone bench by self also which weighed 200 pounds. Feel good. "Magical" sleep.

Got a snail and it had a baby. Aquarium filled with anacharis. Doesn't seem to grow in outside pond though.

Scorching heat. Like it outside. Love to feel really hot. For just a while though. Like the 200 fahrenheit saunas in Kazakstan. (Just don't breath too fast or you'll burn your noise.) But don't like it to be relentless 24 hours a day. And thankfully have air conditioned home.

Feeling like cello lessons come up too quick. Want to switch to once every three weeks instead of every two, but afraid to displease cello teacher, whom I really like quite a bit. A bit too cheery, but well still, really like her a lot.

Chris showed up today. I did mention the Lord of the Flies and not really wanting to hear about people from 25 years ago. Think it was all perfectly pleasant though, unlike what I typed here. Chris wants to get a guitar. I'm going to buy him one from rondomusic.com and send it to him. Just afraid he'll feel like he's got to get me something in return. Need to communicate that all I want in return is for him to learn how to play and play with me some time.

Cuckoo clock just ..'hooted' 1AM. Hoping to stay up till at least 2 so to prepare for night shift tomorrow. Chocolate works much better than tea. Had really come close to falling asleep at 11pm, which would be a bad bad thing.

Patient from the UK. First ever in a few years from the UK. He said he drinks 40 cups of coffee a day. He looked like hell. Said he sleeps two hours a night. Insomnia all his life. I told him of the blessed blueberry smoothies. Hope he tries them, poor poor fellow.

I was watching the Twilight Zone and reading about Rod Serling. Some of the episodes are very cheesy but all in all, I think the social commentary of some episodes may be the best that ever survived TV corporate censorship. Really can't think of any other TV show ever made that had such messages as like 'monsters due on maple street'. Purchased a biography. Serling said the worst thing was to become a misanthrope. I think that must have been something he really fought against becoming.