Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This Joseph Greenstein strength training experiment isn't working out so well. At first I felt great but now my body seems to have crashed and burned. I've been feeling increasingly fatigued the last week or two now. Today my head hurts, my body's overheated, I've no energy at all, I feel kind of nauseous and... I'm worried about the occasional pains in the general area of my gall bladder...

Then I wonder if feeling this way is unrelated to trying to exercise as I think Greenstein did... Possibly but I won't chance it. I really feel bad. Particularly worried about the pain in my stomach. Both my sister and my mother have had their gall bladders removed. That's something I'd like to avoid having done. That of course though, should really be a matter of diet and not exercise...

Anyway, I'm on fire. Which is the problem with exercise. I've this strange body where I get to feeling this way if I'm not careful. What it is about me that makes me this way I don't know. Again, it seems generally that if I manage to be very consistent then I'm fine. But if I miss too many days, this happens. I maybe missed too many days. But what I was trying to do started becoming too taxing and I really needed to rest a bit here and there.

I'm a fool for trying such experiments. I should really just do sensible exercise. The Greenstein experiment was nice though in that I slept great... And the first three weeks were great all around.