Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sleeping incredibly good for the last month or so now. During that time I've started exercising differently and started working as an RN. And started working night shifts. And have generally less stress I guess. I guess.

I think it's the exercise though. Started exercising as I think Joseph Greenstein essentially did. As an experiment. Greenstein was a professional strongman noted among other things for his exceptional longevity. Into his 70's he could still rip horseshoes in half. Also he only weighed about 150 pounds. Also instead of being a protein stuffer he was a near vegetarian.

As best I can tell he got that way simply by routinely attempting to bend a horseshoe. Although along with the strength in his hands he developed the ability to bite through metal, etc.

Anyway, intrigued by that idea for strength training. So, once a day I've been trying a single time to do a one arm chinup. Which at my weight only 3 people in history have ever even allegedly done. Also then I do a single set of one arm pushups with form that makes them as hard as possible.

It's a combination of scientific curiousity along with wanting to be in a decent shape. I still weigh 242 pounds. Although I look a bit better.

I had almost reached the point of a one arm chinup a few years back following a very slightly more orthodox training regimen and being 20+ pounds lighter.

Anyway, sleeping incredibly well now. Never have insomnia. Sleeping through the day deeply. Able to sleep whenever I think I ought. Then feeling very good while awake.