Sunday, June 7, 2009

Curtis White's The Spirit of Civil Disobediance

This was a bit ranty and some ranting that has already been done over and over. But he did point out that atheism's "reason" is ultimately based just on an assertion no different than NT christianity. His critique of Office Space combined with some discussion n the Dysamoria blog made me ponder if humor maybe unfortunately takes all the air out of "revolutionary" talk while at the same time making it possible to stand watching/reading highly negative critiques of society. In other words being able to laugh at how effed up this world is makes us too complacent to bother changing it at the same time that being able to laugh is the only way most people will bother giving attention to anything being critical in the first place.

Change my life? He did interview Kunstler who wrote The Geography of Nowhere which I'm now reading. That is causing me to seriously reconsider my criteria for buying a house.