Saturday, June 13, 2009

When I'm not merely surviving or doing some silly diversions I want to spend my time trying to make the world a better place. This takes two levels:
1. The local. Person to person interactions. I do this in my job as a nurse but beyond that I still want to help people. Most of the silly diversions that make up our lives don't interest me anyway and thus I'd happily replace a lot of such time instead still more attempting to help people.

2. Producing some kind of art which can be mass produced which could increase the happiness of tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of people.

I've a tendency towards focusing on the grand. Setting my sights high. But time spent on this second goal is most likely time utterly wasted. Still I don't want to be a drop in the ocean. And I still have a high enough self opinion to think I can be more than a drop. Despite all the incredibly negative things I've seen.