Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ran much faster today than before. Have run faster every time but improved this time the most of all. Made it all the way to a new house along the secluded river that has a bamboo grove. It rained the whole way. I had to run shirtless because running in a soaked shirt for two hours will chafe my nipples to the point of bleeding. It was a very dreamy run. Didn't breath hard until the last couple minutes (steep hill at the very end). The secluded area. The rain. The river. There are river scarecrows at one point. Don't know what they're for. Then the bamboo grove. I want one. Saw one human being in 2 hours.

It makes it seem that life is a dream.

Which, it turns out, isn't necessarily such a good thing. As life isn't a dream and I have to reacquaint myself with that fact after each run. And also if it were a dream... just increases the nihilism. As dreams go, it's kind of boring and also filled with running away (metaphorically and literally) from boogie men.

Then I slept horribly. Lots of nightmares lately. Then went to clinicals when I didn't actually have to. I made the mistake of trying to verify if I needed to go and the teacher messed up and told me to come. So, dead tired from a two hour and no sleep I went off to clincals.

Afterwards a person started a conversation with me at Panera's. This person said we had gone to school together long ago. (We hadn't). The actual basis for him feeling some relation to me is that we look so much alike. He went to a different high school and I've never spoken to him ever. But we look so much alike both our mothers have mistaken each of us for their sons. We look so much alike and are the same age (but I started school a year earlier) and were also very good athletes.

And we don't have very typical looks. A sort of horsey, almost baboon like face combined with a voltairean impishness, almost devilish. Red hair and freckles (although mine has turned darker while his stayed bright.) And even the same height 6'4". And both large framed. But athletic. Very athletic. Not ponderous. Lennox Lewis type builds...

But he's a financial analyst and very corporately professional. And didn't even mention the obvious thing we actually have in common. And I was too dead tired to bother bringing it up. It is a weird sort of thing... But if I hadn't been so dead tired I would have just blankly pointed out the obvious.

As I become capable of running faster the world around me starts looking different. The few houses in the distance don't look as far away. The river doesn't look as wide. Even the parking lot at this one hospital I notice bits of scenery in the distance I hadn't noticed before... Our intellects are somewhat determined by our physical bodies.

But then my unrelated twin doesn't seem to have much of anything in common with me.