Monday, April 6, 2009

So then, that one 'smearer' at work. I don't think of either as 'smearers' for starters. That was just as opposed to her actual name. What other defining characteristics does she have? She's I'd guess 5'10" 260 and holds her weight remarkably well. If only she'd been a man surely she would have been great at football

Anyway, a number of nurses were complaining/smearing her behind her back. A few decided to have a talk with her. Then in turn she later complains/smears to a couple people about those two who talked to her. I happened to be in the room at this time and she asks me my opinion of her.

My actual opinion is far more complex then what I put down in this blog.

I do think she is similar to me in having a problem with her sense of humor. It's a problem in that it's a little bit outside the majority's sense of humor. What's unexpectedly wrong is funny. For her it's unexpectedly wrong to have a bit of a go at people. To constantly criticize their work performance, etc. And she's been living it up at work recently in this respect to the extent a few other people (both more experienced nurses) took her aside.

So I attempted to answer her by first praising how much fun she is compared to others and then what little I was critical about I attempted to more direct it at me, just suggesting she slightly shared a trait I had and one had to be careful with some people about being misunderstood.

All the same she continued (before this time) to put me down at work all day. Was she just kidding? The end result is to make it look that I'm incompetent. It's the bad humor of an angel (when I do it anyway and I'll suppose her also.) To such angels it is unexpectedly wrong to really be having any kind of a go at others, etc. To 'normal' people: what the heck? Why are you bullying me, etc?
-
...But the Fake Smile ties into pretending in general to be happy. If two or more people do so with one another the feedback can make the happiness 'real'.

And then a movie such as Life is Beautiful.

It is a pretending. And pretending, of course, isn't always a bad thing.

It is moral to pretend certain sufferings don't exist?

This pretend happiness is kitsch. Is kitsch always such a bad thing?

When the suffering can't be changed, perhaps the best thing to do is go off into one fantasy or another. But how can you know for sure if it can't be changed? You can't. Ideally a certain minority of the populace should think ALL the suffering can be solved. While the majority ignores certain sufferings.... The minority should do so to the extent they can stand it.

This only works in a nondystopia. Problem in this actual world is the slavemasters attack that minority as they're giving their solutions. And everyone else is too clueless to realize it thanks to their general ignorance of the suffering/problems.

What delusion, if any, should we all believe?

Depends on how long term or short them our thinking.
Depends on our level of intelligence and creativity how much of a delusion we can manage. But then with more intelligence it's more possible to successfully just face the suffering.

The very pretending, while a meagre short term solution, can it lead to something more meaningful long term?

Fakish happiness with 'friends'. Fun times, etc. Then disaster. And stony silence. 'Friends' disappear.

You've passed behind the curtain of suffering and must be ignored. You should ignore yourself. Certainly should have enough consideration to keep quiet...

-
-Those who HAD to pretend but their situation has changed and unfortunately it's become habit.
-Society ruled by sadistic tyrant. Extreme kitsch art is the rule. Exaggerated happiness in hell. Pen ran out of ink...

Do I think better, worse, or the same at end of 33 hours of work out of 40? Surely I don't think as well but may feel bad enough that creativity might be more turned on.