Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've caught a cold. First since I became a vegan 5 years ago. The jogging in the cold didn't help I'm sure. Oh well. Also pink eye which I've never had before. This right after bad food poisoning. Of course as soon as I get some time off to relax and have fun this is what would happen.
---
An existential nihilist who believes carefully making some good self deceptions is the way to go... It's no good to turn solely to rational thought because one can only claim 100% rational thought is a good thing if they aren't actually living it.

We are not entirely rational creatures as we have a subconscious. We have emotions. I don't think we could survive if we effectively eradicated either. Also we aren't going to exist forever. We cannot actually live rationally in the light of that knowledge. Thus the most rational thing to do actually is to abandon rationality when it comes to that. And I think probably, maybe, the same with the former somehow, in some way...

But how to only make good, nonharmful self deceptions without opening a pandora's box?