Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looks like my used $200 laptop is finished. Just won't connect to the wireless internet anymore. No rhyme or reason. ...I had some good favorites saved on it. Better than this desktop.
----
I played Quake 4 some finally. Think my video card isn't quite good enough. A little choppy exactly when it needs to not be.

I wonder if that fear is good (Quake induced fear). Keeps a person young maybe? I suspect though that fear does things like make the body direct more energy to reproducing, etc which in turn causes a person to live a shorter life... but also a more alive life probably.
----
''If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.'' Albert Einstein

Someone thought that Machiavellian. Of course Einstein wasn't but I guess it can look that way. I said, "His goal wasn't to gain power, but to bring about positive change to the world; instead of being consumed with trying to impress people/get people to like him."

But it does matter, making people like us. If no one does, then how can you be happy? You'd have to be like a machine. Not human. To live as if you didn't care if anyone ever liked you is to live like an abomination.

One should care. But that doesn't mean trying to impress people. Just treating them well.

... but you should try to treat them well no matter what...

I can't think of any action really that should be tied to wanting people to like you. (Even though you should want people to like you.) (Every action should be done totally aside from that concern.) Which is why it seemed maybe that's living like I don't care if people like me... Like an abomination, like a machine.