Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Additional House Qualities

I am not going to spend a major portion of my life mowing grass. (Too late!) This means either no lawn, a small lawn, or no lawn nazis. Perhaps a house outside of city limits where I'm free to have tall grass. But would I really be free even then? Looked at some houses outside of city limits and the lawns were all perfectly manicured. House after house with large yards. Yards that aren't actually being used for anything. Too steep for the most part to play on anyway. Hardly any trees. Yet, every inch of grass: uniform and short. Perhaps only mindless zombies lived there.

Would like the freedom to do crazy stuff. This again would suggest living outside of city limits, or at least a tall fence around the yard. Like I could plant bamboo and just let it grow and grow. Saw someone's house today that had a little bit of 20 foot tall bamboo. I could just let it take over the entire yard but for walkways, a pond, etc.

Really dislike lawn nazis BTW. Live beside one right now. Cost me 3000 dollars last summer. Tad difficult to continue being nice to the bastard.

Need a house that I can be loud during the day time while wife is working. I haven't been able to work on music vocals for a long time now thanks to her work at home job.

Does seem an isolated house outside of city limits would be a good idea. But all those rednecks, and their 4 wheelers, and their hunting, etc.

In most cases one isn't even allowed to put up a tall fence. The lawn nazi next door would not agree to me putting up such a fence around my yard.

...the way people are it would be best to live in isolation. But all these houses in nowhere are still amongst... cattle farmers, outcroppings of houses where everyone is related... and all with large well manicured lawns...

I would really like to live someplace where at least at my home I'm actually free to do with it as I please.

I would like to be able to take these headphones off. The one set makes me ears hurt. The other one squeezes my head and makes my head hurt.