Monday, March 16, 2009

Fasting

Only fasted twice so far, last two Wednesdays.
Pros:
1. It makes my stomach shrink so that I don't want to eat so much and so often the rest of the week. Instead of wanting to eat to exploding I just want to eat till I feel nauseous it seems. And I end up eating much smaller meals. And I'm losing an increasingly sluggish feeling I was having. Also, when I'm stuck at work for 13 hours with nothing vegan but junk to eat, it's much easier to just not bother eating till I finally leave. Or just have a little juice...

So I'm feeling less sluggish.

2. I'm eating healthier.
3. I'm losing some fat.
4. It may actually be healthier. (Scott Nearing out in the woods-100 yrs. All sorts of studies showing less food equals longer life.)
5. Also fasting is very easy for me to do. I don't feel at all like I'm starving to death or weak, etc. I just feel like that's one less annoying thing to bother with. Or one could say it's an immortal thing (not eating) like running for two hours with ease. Or like a purification. So it's sort of pleasant.
6. I'm hardly wasting away to nothing. I probably still weigh 235 pounds. If I get down to 215 will reassess.

Cons:
1. The evening of the fast I get bad breath.
2. I've had insomnia the fast nights.
3. With a clearer mind I can see even better just how wrong this world is; which is difficult to deal with; feeling more and more like becoming a sort of hermit as a result; maybe would be better to drown myself in the distraction of food.