Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mind speeds up

Strange thing. Took a test today in nursing school. In the farther past (before nursing school, during engineering school, etc) I was always very quick with tests, with reading in general. Reading an entire book on an airplace flight, etc. During nursing school though I've been only finishing these tests in about the average time. And I've not been reading so much. Been reading slow.

Suddenly on this test I was the first done of 100 people by a long way. And during class today I read half of that book about how the office is so similar to chimps in the wild.

Is it that I've gotten back into running? The main other variable (and damm but there's always other variables) is the weekly day of fasting I've been doing.

Last two runs: 115 minutes w/ 5 lb dumbells, then 110 minutes w/ 5.5 lb dumbells. Each one faster than the last.

But also this running / (fasting?) may be contributing to my recent melancholy. Normally I do go to work and leave in a pretty good mood. Not so much lately.

Dreamt last night that I was eating dinner at this large rich family's house. The old man, the head of the house. Like a mafia don was sitting beside me and he forced me to give him a big french kiss before the meal while everyone else around the table looked on appalled. I did so stoicly and then ate my dinner.

Then dreamed I got banned from a discussion board. Ten awful years of those nasty things and I've never actually been banned.